Tuesday, September 27, 2005

minisweater all done!!

Pattern: Minisweater* by Glampyre
Yarn: recycled Banana Republic shell
Needles: size 8 Plymouth Sister Set Interchangable circs

Yes, I finally made my very first top. *I did modify it so that the sleeves weren't poofy. It was a bit tricky using this recycled yarn since it splits so easily. But I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I even recycled the button!! You know how your clothes comes with extra buttons, in case you lose one? Well, I took one if those I had tucked away in a drawer and made it useful.

So this is what the original BR shell looked like. It was just hanging in my closet - I haven't worn in a while so I decided to frog it for the minisweater.


This is what it looked like after frogging and wound up int center pull balls.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

whoa, nice job! i like the color. it came out really great. now i'll have to go hunt for all those extra buttons...good idea, btw! who knows how many of those i have lying around!!!

September 30, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

whoa, nice job! i like the color. it came out really great. now i'll have to go hunt for all those extra buttons...good idea, btw! who knows how many of those i have lying around!!!

September 30, 2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Four Truths and a lie, you're it!

October 06, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Awesome job on your minisweater! And what a great use for a sweater. I still haven't gotten up the nerve to unravel one I own yet, but I really should, I have so many I don't wear. I too recycle those extra buttons! Great job!

November 01, 2005 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home